Health Benefits of Fruit Juice
Health Benefits of Fruit Juice
The expression “eat your fruits and vegetables” essentially traces itself to the health benefits of fruit juice and vegetables of which there are many. For as long as anyone can remember, fruits and vegetables have always been a stirring symbol for health, a balanced diet, and all things that are good for the body. These health benefits in raw or cooked fruits and vegetables likewise extends to fruit juice and in this post, we will look at some of these health benefits in greater detail.
So what can one expect from drinking fruit juices? Well, it’s essentially dependent on the exact type of fruit that is being juiced.
1. At the very least, fruit juices are rich in various vitamins and minerals. Citrus fruits, like lemon and lime for example, are rich in Vitamin C which is an essential substance for boosting immunity and fighting diseases. Apples were rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals giving rise to the famous saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Cherries are full of antioxidants that are known to prevent serious illnesses like heart disease and even cancer. The health benefits of fruit juice cover a wide array of areas depending on which fruit you are drinking in juice form.
2. Natural fruit juices are stocked with natural sugars that are healthy to the body. Compare this with canned fruit juices that have plenty of fattening additives like artificial sweeteners, sugars, and empty calories.
3. Fiber features heavily in fruit juices which also accounts for a huge reason of the health benefits in fruit juice. Fibers help cleanse the stomach from toxins and other impurities that can lead to a variety of diseases in the digestive tract. Fruit juices also facilitate more efficient digestion allowing the body to extract more nutrients out of each bite.
4. Specific to apples, another prime health benefit of fruit juice is that it contains pectin, a substance known to naturally absorb low density cholesterol which is a common cause for atherosclerosis of the narrowing of the blood vessels leading to high blood pressure, embolism, and stroke. Apple juice improves the HDL-to-LDL ratio promoting better health of the cardiovascular system.
5. Fruit juice can also promote the feeling of being full during a meal preventing you from eating too much. This is an underrated benefit that is oftentimes neglected. Consider that because fruit juices contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, adding fruit juices into one’s diet substitutes the need for more food intake allowing for an excellent strategy against weight gain and obesity prevention.
There are plenty of common examples of fruit juices that carry a lot of benefits. Some of these include orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, blueberry juice, and pomegranate juice. The best way to prepare these is to use a juicer to extract the fruit juice through natural means. That way, you absolutely know what goes into every glass of fruit juice that you are drinking. Contrast this with commercial fruit juices that contain a lot of additives that can result to various other adverse reactions in the body.
With the many health benefits of fruit juice, it is highly recommended that everyone includes it in their diet. Fruit juices help fight many of the common ills that plague many people and its mere addition into our daily eating habits can significantly help reduce our risks for both common and serious diseases.